Buying a home is one of the largest purchases that you will make in your life. As such, there are several steps to be considered that you will want to follow. As a real estate professional, I have created a list of items that will help guide you through the transaction.
- Prepare Financially – Audit your financial situation from your down payment to what you are comfortable spending on a monthly basis for your mortgage payment. Once you decide to buy a home, it is a wise idea to refrain from any larger purchases as this can affect your loan qualification.
- Connect with a Mortgage Broker – After you have solidified your finances, connect with a mortgage broker to find out exactly what amount you qualify for borrowing. Your broker will also give you a pre-approval letter stating this amount which is important as it will accompany your offer when that time comes.
- Touring Properties – Now that you have determined your price range, then we will set up searches for properties. Every town offers different amenities, services and accessibility. I can be a great resource with narrowing down the towns that may fit your criteria best based on my knowledge and experience.
- Offer to Purchase – When you have identified the property that you wish to make an offer on, we will need to move quickly. Craft your offer strategically with current market conditions and be prepared to have a counter offer.
- Home Inspection – One of the best things money can buy is a home inspection. A professional inspector will give the home a thorough exam and alert you of the current condition along with any future repairs that are necessary.
- Enter Contract – After the home inspection process it is time to solidify all terms with a formal agreement. Commonly referred to as the “P&S” the Purchase and Sale agreement will identify all of the terms and conditions of the deal. The deposit monies should be paid along with the signing of this document. These funds will be held in escrow until released the day of your closing.
Any other questions? Let me be your resource for all. Please always feel free to ask me any questions about any part of the process and let my expertise work for you.